Functionality and Customizing your Phone
How do I add, edit, or delete a User?
Click here for step-by-step instructions.
How do I add, edit, or delete a Message Folder?
Click here for step-by-step instructions.
How do I know how much storage space has been used by my messages?
Click here for step-by-step instructions.
Where do I make changes to my personal user information (Address, Phone Number, etc.)?
Change happens. Occasionally you will need to edit your personal user information. Click here for step-by-step instructions.
What should I do if I am going to be out of town for awhile?
If you are going to be out town and are not going to be able to respond to your emails you may want to consider setting up an away message. Click here for step-by-step instructions.
How do I turn on Do Not Disturb?
If you are going to be away for a short while or do not want to take calls for a period of time you may want to use the Do Not Disturb functionality to send all callers directly to voicemail. Click here for step-by-step instructions.
How do I set up an Extension just for myself or other individuals?
Personal Extensions are assigned to individual persons/employees so that they can have their own personal voice mailboxes and also be listed on a Hunt Group. Click here for step-by-step instructions.
How do I create Email Addresses?
You can create email addresses for yourself, for other individuals or for a group where one email is linked to multiple individuals. (This would be helpful for a Sales or Customer Service organization.) For step-by-step instructions, Click here.
How do I change the time?
Press MENU > press the Down Arrow until the cursor is flashing at 3. Settings > press OK > press OK on Basic > scroll to 2. Time & Date > press OK
You have two options:
- SNTP Time - This option automatically checks the internet for the correct time based on the time zone you choose. You can also enable or disable Daylight Savings Time from this menu.
- Manual Time - This option allows you to set the date and time manually using your keypad.
Can I take my device with me when I travel?
Yes, you can use your device anywhere you have an internet connection that can support VoIP. To test your connection please go to www.CrexendoTelecom.com/tools. Depending on where you are connecting, there may be additional fees involved through the Internet Service Provider. Please also be aware that using your device from a new location may impact your ability to connect directly to emergency services through 911. Please review the information on http://www.CrexendoTelecom.com/e911-policy about 911 emergency services with your device.
To change the emergency location for your device, log into your Crexendo Web Interface. Navigate to the Phone category, Device section. Double click on the device you are moving. Under Emergency Location click the blue edit link and enter the new 911 information.
Please be aware, it can take an additional 24 hours for your 911 service to be fully updated.
How do I change the language for my phone display?
The languages available for your phone display are English, Chinese Simplified (only available on the SIP 300), Chinese Traditional (only available on the SIP 300), French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Turkish, and Spanish.
Press MENU > scroll down to 3. Settings > press OK > press OK again on 1. Basic > press OK on 1. Language > scroll through to select your language > press OK to confirm your selection.
How do I get out of a menu?
Press the MENU button until you return to the default display. The Default display shows the name or extension number, and the date and time.
How do I send an incoming call directly to my voice mailbox?
When receiving a call you can press the “X” button on the phone to immediately send the call to voicemail.
How do I reject calls from blocked numbers?
There are two ways to activate/deactivate the Reject Blocked Calls option:
NOTE: This process will interrupt internet connections to all devices connected through the phone.
- In your phone: Press MENU > scroll to 2. Features > press OK > scroll to 4. Anonymous Call > press OK > select the appropriate line using the Left and Right Arrows > use the Down Arrow to find 3. Rejection > use the Right and Left Arrows to toggle Disable/Enable > press OK to confirm selection.
- In your Crexendo Web Interface: Navigate to the Phone Menu > Device Submenu. Double click on the appropriate device. Check the Reject Blocked Calls box. Click Done. This will reboot your phone. Active phone conversations on the edited device will not be interrupted; the reboot will take place after the call is complete.
How do I put a call on Hold?
While on a call press the HOLD button. The person on hold will hear music in the background. On the SIP 300 you may also use the softkey labeled HOLD during a call.
How will I know my call is on hold after I have pressed the HOLD button?
The word HOLD will appear in the LCD screen. The line light to the right of the LCD will also be blinking.
How do I retrieve a call on hold?
Press the HOLD key again to reconnect your call.
Can I block others from seeing my number when I call?
To block your number from showing when you call someone, press MENU > scroll to 2. Features > press OK > scroll to 4. Anonymous Call > press OK > select the appropriate line using the Left and Right Arrows > use the Down Arrow to find 2. Anonymous Call > use the Right and Left Arrows to toggle Disable/Enable > press OK to confirm selection.
How do I answer incoming calls while I’m on a call?
To accept an incoming call while already on a call, press OK. This will put the first call on hold and allow you to speak with the new caller. To disconnect the second call, press the MENU key and then press the HOLD key to go back to the 1st call.
You also have the option to switch back and forth between the calls. Press the HOLD key while speaking with the second caller. The display will now display both calls; use the Arrow keys to select the caller you wish to speak with and press the OK button. You can disconnect from the call by pressing the Menu key.
When I am on a call I hear a short beep and the line starts flashing, what is this?
The Call Waiting feature is enabled on your phone. This indicates a new incoming call.
I don’t like Call Waiting, can I turn it off?
Call waiting cannot be turned off.
Why are calls coming directly to my speaker phone?
Auto Answer is enabled on your phone. You should see AA in the icon bar on your phone display as well, indicating Auto Answer is active.
To disable Auto Answer:
Press MENU > scroll to 2. Features > press OK > scroll to 3. Auto Answer > press OK > use the Left and Right Arrows to Enable/Disable Auto Answer > press OK to save selection.
Is there a way to delay Auto Answer from activating the speaker phone immediately?
No, this is not an option.
Can I reprogram the number the Redial button calls?
No, this is not an option. You can add a contact for a frequently used number or use the Hot Line feature if you want your device to always call out to a specific number.
On the SIP 300, you can program speed dial numbers for the 10 blank buttons on the right hand side of the phone unit.
If I push RD will it call the last number that called me?
No, it is the last phone number that you dialed. To access the last number that called you, use your Up Arrow to access the Call History.
What does RD stand for?
Do I have a speaker phone?
Yes, a Speaker Phone is an included feature on your Crexendo 200 Internet phone.
What is the button that looks like a speaker?
This button activates your Speaker Phone. If you are not on a call you will hear a dial tone.
While on a call can you switch between the handset and the speaker phone?
Yes, while using the handset, press the Speaker Phone button and hang up the handset.
To switch from the Speaker Phone to the handset, simply pick up the handset.
How do I change my ring tone on my phone?
Press the MENU button > scroll to 3. Settings > press OK > press OK again on 1. Basic > scroll to 3. Ring Tone > press OK > scroll through the ringtones and use OK to make your selection.
Can I set a different ring tone for the separate lines on the same Crexendo Internet Phone?
No, this is not an option. However, you can assign one of the 8 pre-programmed ring tones to individual contacts.
If I do not have access to my device or my computer, is there a way to check my voicemails?
You can call 877-282-4524 from any phone to check your voicemails. It will prompt you for the 10 digit phone number, for your personal extension and for the PIN for the voice mailbox you are checking. Click here for detailed instructions.
How do I set up my PIN for accessing voicemail?
Log in to your Crexendo Web Interface. Click Options > My Settings. You will find the PIN field under Voicemail Options. Your PIN must be four digits; the default assigned is “1234.”
Is there a speed-dial function?
SIP 300 Phones have speed dial buttons that can be programmed within the Crexendo Web Interface.
SIP 200 Phones do not have this feature. Hot Line can be used if you want the phone to automatically dial the same number every time you pick up the handset to make an outbound call. Otherwise, utilizing your directory functions in your phone is the best option.
What does the Hotline option do?
This programs your phone to automatically call a particular number as soon as you pick up the handset.
Press the MENU button > Scroll to 2. Features > Press OK > press the Down Arrow to find 3. Hot Line. Press OK. Enter the number to be automatically called. Press OK.
My phone automatically dials a number when I pick it up.
Make sure that the “Hotline” feature is disabled
Press the MENU button > Scroll to 2. Features > Press OK > press the Down Arrow to find 3. Hot Line. Press OK. Use the “X” key to delete the number listed. Press OK.
How do I add a contact to my phone?
- Press the DIRECTORY button. On the SIP 300 this is a softkey on the main screen. On the SIP200 this is the button with the book and (Ab3) under the display.
- On the SIP 200: Press the Up Arrow so that you see . Press OK.
- On the SIP 300: Select 1. Contacts and press OK, and then the Add softkey.
- Use your keypad to enter the name of the contact. You may have to press a number key more than once to get the correct letter. For example, to enter the letter L you will need to press the 5 key 3 times. You can change the input type by pressing the Ab3 button again to switch between Ab3, abd, ABD, or 123.
- To put in a space, press zero (0) twice in quick succession.
- To correct an error use the left or right arrow to move to the erroneous character. The character will flash.
- On the SIP 200: Press the “X” key to delete the character. Leaving the cursor in the same position, enter the correct letter or number (it will be inserted AFTER the character that is now flashing) and press OK to save. You may also use the “X” key as a backspace.
- On the SIP 300: Press the “Del” softkey to remove any incorrect characters.
- If you need to enter the same number or letter twice (e.g. the two L’s in “Wells”) pause after entering the first letter/number. Once the cursor moves to the next blanks space enter the 2nd letter/number.
- Once you have finished the name, press the Down Arrow to enter the number. Press OK to save the contact, or use the SAVE softkey on the SIP 300 Phone.
How do I edit or delete a contact in my phone?
- On the SIP 200:
- Press the DIRECTORY button (Ab3). There are two ways to locate the entry you wish to edit: Scroll using the Up/Down Arrows to find the contact you want to edit/delete. Press any Key. You will see SEARCH: Use the “X” button to delete the number you entered. Type part or all of the name and press OK. (Search is case-sensitive so use the Ab3 key to be sure your search term is in the correct format.) Arrow Up and Down to locate the correct contact. Use the Left and Right Arrows to scroll through DIAL, EDIT, DEL. To edit, press OK on EDIT.
- To correct an error use the left or right arrow to move to the erroneous character. The character will flash. Press the “X” key to delete the character. Leaving the cursor in the same position, enter the correct letter or number (it will be inserted AFTER the character that is now flashing) and press OK to save. You may also use the “X” key as a backspace.
- If you need to enter the same number or letter twice (e.g. the two L’s in “Wells”) pause after entering the first letter/number. Once the cursor moves to the next blank space enter the 2nd letter/number.
- To delete, press OK on DEL. Note: Your Crexendo 200 Internet Phone does not ask for confirmation before deleting a contact. If you delete something by accident you must manually enter it again.
- On the SIP 300:
- From the home screen, press the softkey designated Directory.
- Press OK or “Enter” on selection 1. Contacts
- You can scroll through contact entries or press any number to bring up the search box. If you use the search box press ok once you have typed your query.
- To edit an entry: Press OK or the Option softkey and select Detail, or the Send softkey.
- To delete an entry: Press the Option softkey and use the down arrow to select Delete, then press OK.
What kind of headset is compatible with my Internet Phone?
Any RJ-9 headset.
Where do I find the password for the “Advanced Settings” section of the phone?
The “Advanced Settings” section is strictly for the Manufacturer’s use. Please do not attempt to access this portion of the phone.
How do I get an outside line?
In previous years you had to dial a number (usually a “9”) to get an outside line from an internal phone system. With the Crexendo system that is no longer necessary. However, if you prefer to use that option the Outbound Dial Code lets you require that a number be dialed in order to reach an outside line. Click here for step-by-step instructions.
Can I change the numbering sequence for my extensions?
Yes, adding an Extension Plan lets you define the length (as in the number of digits: 4, 5, or 6) and the leading number of your extensions. Click here for step-by-step instructions.
How do rules help me organize my Inbox?
Rules tell Crexendo to automatically organize your incoming Email messages saving you time. Rules let you organize your messages as they come in via simple If/Then statements. Click here for step-by-step instructions.
How can I add phone numbers?
You can add local and toll free numbers at any time. Please note that additional charges will be applied for adding either local or toll free numbers (see www.Crexendo.net for pricing.) Click here for step-by-step instructions.
How can I stop receiving calls from certain numbers?
By adding a phone number to the Blacklist neither calls nor voicemail messages from that number will appear in your Inbox. Click here for step-by-step instructions.
How do I set up an Auto Attendant?
With an Auto Attendant customers who call you will hear a recorded message which prompts them to select one of several options (“Press 1 for ...”) they are then transferred to the appropriate extension. Click here for step-by-step instructions.
How do I add a Contact?
The Crexendo Web Interface lets you maintain a list of frequently-used contacts. Click here for step-by-step instructions.
Can I add a Contact right from an Email?
You can quickly add either a contact or a new mail to an existing contact from an email message you have received. Click here for step-by-step instructions.
How do I retrieve my Voicemail Messages?
Click here for step-by-step instructions.